Sunday, November 18, 2007

Why do I complain?

In church this morning, the pastor was talking about persecution in churches in Sri Lanka and all that those Christians go through. For me, it really hit home and reminded me just how easy I really do have it. I have been grumbling because we have to continue to pay mortgage payments along with rent payments. Why am I grumbling? At least we can afford to do this without any hardship! I am free to worship how I please. I am free to read my Bible in private and public places and teach my children about Jesus. I guess what I am saying also, is that most people in America don't have the first clue what persecution looks like, but we are the whiniest country in the world. Ok, off of my soapbox!

We finished putting up our Christmas decorations yesterday and instead of going all out, I just decided to simplify. Honestly, other than the tree, Nativity, and a few candles (well and the entire Kohls Christmas village on top of my cabinets...) what more do you need?? We are, once again, hosting Thanksgiving at our house. My mom thinks that I am very organized and that my house is always super clean so it would be easier to have here. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Mom! Well, I do enjoy hosting parties and get togethers. The more the merrier!

No comments: