Wednesday, October 15, 2008

True Confessions...I Don't Scrapbook

I have discovered, especially since moving back to Utah, that I have almost committed a crime to the nature of Utah femininity...I DON'T SCRAPBOOK!!! I am sure this response is followed by gasps of horror from many of you who are devoted to scrapbooking. Honestly, I just can't get into it. I am bad about even remembering to take pictures....let alone add some cute embellishment to them and cut them with adorable scissors. I seriously would PAY someone to do this for me, which is quite a confession from someone who coupons like it is a full-time job.

Now to me, grocery shopping is a game and now that I am better at playing by the rules....I am winning. I have overflowing stock-piles of everything from make-up and toliet paper to frozen veggies and canned tomatoes. I generally spend about $300 a month for a family of 4 plus one cat and a kiddo in diapers. And we eat a lot of organic food and LOTS of produce, so I could definitely cut back, but I don't. I also enjoy organic gardening and canning. I have shelves and shelves full of homemade/home canned items...everything from raspberry jam to relish and pickles to salsa and peaches. Maybe it is because I can see a benefit from this...? But, for the life of me I cannot bring myself to scrapbook. My friends talk about it like it is so much fun, but I just shudder. Once again, a strange confessions from someone who also does cross stitch ands sews..

I always claim I don't scrapbook because I don't have time. I work 2 jobs for goodness sake! My job at the health dept. is a lot of fun. I am one of the baby your baby and immunization nurses for BE county. Another confession is that I actually find flu clinics fun...is that sick and wrong!?! I was recently offered the job of nurse manager for a home health company in the area...and I didn't even apply for the job! I smiled at that one. No thanks, I need time for my number one job...wife and mom!

1 comment:

Kristen York said...

I agree; however, scrapbook scissors are fun to have if you should ever need them. I have a stockpile of them, yet I have only ever "scrapbooked" at a party... and even then I just cut paper with nifty scissors.